Rise and shine, fellow feline friends and makeup fanatics, and happy Caturday! Have you kissed your kitty yet today?
So…yesterday afternoon I got a much-needed reminder from the universe to TAKE FREAKING BREAKS. Seriously! I put Connor down for her “nap,” a.k.a “rest time” now, because she’s at the point in her toddlerhood where she doesn’t always sleep anymore during nap time. Sometimes she just chills out in her crib looking through books or listening to music.
Anyway, I usually buzz around the house like a sprinter at nap time trying to do everything on my to-do list before she gets up, and even if I’m beyond tired, I power my way through it because it’s the biggest block of time I have.
But yesterday my body and mind desperately needed downtime, and for once I actually listened. Instead of tackling the tasks on my nap time to-do list, I put on my headphones, cranked up the music, took out some makeup and played.
And you know what? It was exactly what I needed. I felt SO much better after just doing my own thang for 30 minutes.
I’m doing the bronzy thing again with the #BECCABFFS collection. That’s the Malika palette on my cheeks and lids and the nude lipstick in Yours Truly.
So, a gentle reminder from me to you in case you need it: TAKE THOSE BREAKS, GIRL. They’re necessary. As a matter of fact, I think it would be a good idea to take a break right meow with this week’s reading list… 😊
- Now I love Frank Ocean even more than I did before .
- In this interview with Denise Cartwright, the founder of skincare line Crude, .
- This beauty writer tried everything in the Trader Joe’s beauty section, .
- Interesting —> The skin care products .
- , Rwanda is cracking down and enforcing a ban on bleaching agents, especially hydroquinone and mercury.
- Why for almost a century.
- I love this so much!
- : Could this be the future of kitty litter?
- Speaking of felines and tech, .
Does every mall in America look exactly like this?
Someone please make me this.
Ride it, my pony.
I’m going to try to spend the rest of this weekend relaxing and avoiding that R.Kelly documentary on Lifetime everyone’s been talking about… OMG. What are you up to?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,