Calling all mermaids and beach babes! The Oceanid collection by Gabriel Cosmetics ZuZu Luxe may tempt you to take the plunge into this indie line of all-natural, gluten-free and vegan makeup.
Made without synthetic chemicals or animal by-products, the line is pretty new to me, but being a water baby and all, the teals and blues caught my eye.
I also liked how Gabriel Cosmetics sprinkled in cool-toned shades for the eyes and lips — something kinda different from the warm bronzes and golds that typically come with beach-themed collections.
The stand outs? The eye shadows. They boast mad pigment, refuse to fall out and blend like buttah. I think they could easily hold their own with the MAC, NARS and Urban Decay eye shadows in my makeup bag.
Quick takes on the rest of the collection:
- Sunset Blush: A super-saturated apricot with fine powder grains; love it
- Navy Mascara: A little hard to see the blue; better at lengthening than thickening
- Taureg Liquid Eyeliner: Loaded with pigment, but the stiff brush makes it hard for me to get sharp lines
- Fresh Lip Liner: A matte cool pinkish beige that feels comfy and smooth
- Crystal Lip Gloss: A non-sticky, unscented clear gloss with a very faint sugar flavor
Overall, I like this collection, especially the eye shadows and the blush, and I think the cool-toned elements add a fresh twist.
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Whole Foods, Pharmaca and
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,