I got this amazing SLR camera and I’m on a picture kick so here’s another Face of the Day with a little splash of green color on the eyes!
I was feeling the gold vibe after looking at the Photoshaped pics today so I decided to play with MAC Woodwinked and see what would happen. I did this easy, subtle look (this seems to be my dominant makeup theme, LOL) that pairs Woodwinked with a splash of green liner and powder on the top lid. You can’t really tell straight off that I’m wearing color, but when I blink my eyes I can see a flash of green! If you are color-shy like me then try this — it’s totally not scary!
Here are the eyes.
I’m watching you!
I used (working from brow downward)
1. MAC Concrete shadow on brow, with 266 brush
2. MAC Bare Canvas Paint on entire lid, with 217 brush
3. MAC Ricepaper shadow over entire lid, with 252 brush
4. MAC Woodwinked shadow over outer half of lid and crease (concentrating the most color on the outer part of eye), with 217 brush
5. MAC Mulch shadow in outer v, with NYC cosmetics eye shadow applicator
6. MAC Sweet Sage Fluidline on upper lash line, with 209 brush
7. Maybelline Antique Jade shadow layered over MAC Sweet Sage upper liner, with NYC cosmetics eye shadow applicator
8. MAC Sweet Sage Fluidline on lower lash line, with 209 brush
9. MAC Woodwinked shadow layered over MAC Sweet Sage lower liner, with NYC cosmetics eye shadow applicator
10. MAC Select Moisturecover concealer, with LORAC 103 brush
11. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2, with 217 brush
12. Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof mascara in black
After the eyes were done, I did the usual round of Laura Mericer Oil-Free Foundation Primer, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Almond mixed with Laura Mercier Oil-Free Moisturizer in Sunset Beige and topped with Laura Mercier Translucent Powder.
The cheeks: one layer of Neutrogena Soft Suede Soft Clolr blush, then a layer of Nars Torrid blush, with MAC 129 brush
And last, but not least, lips were lined with Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Daring Nude, then MAC Viva Glam II lipstick, topped with a layer of MAC Gemshine Lipgelee.
And here’s the final look in two different light levels.
I think that I will keep playing with this look – there are so many potential ways to change the eyes by layering different shadows and pencils.
One more day â€˜till San Francisco Fashion Week starts!
Here’s the last of the MAC backstage looks on the MAC website, Taylored.
This is by far my favorite group of look Maybe I’ll use this as inspiration on my current quest to be no longer SOS (Scurred of Scarlet.)
Yay, it’s Tuesday. I raise my cup of coffee to you and to your fabulousness. Cheers!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,