A few things:
- It’s Saturday morning, and I’m wearing the same pajamas I put on Thursday night.
- My head feels like it’s being squished in a vice (yes, I’m still a walking germ factory).
- I haven’t washed my hair in three (four?) days.
But thanks to the healing power of makeup, I can pretend I briefly look like I’m a somewhat functioning adult, LOL!
This 10-minute makeup look was 1) to help myself feel better, and 2) for Sheena (yay for the Bay, girl, woo-hoo!), who liked the NUDESTIX Intense Lip + Cheek Pencil in Purity post earlier this week but wanted to see me use a darker color from the line.
This time I used warm red , and I used it as both a blush and a sheer lip color. And then I also did a smudgy, bronze-y black cat eye.
Everything I used is listed below, and if you have any questions, you know where to find me (hints: it involves Netflix, a laptop and my couch).
One note about the skin. I used a very sheer liquid skin tint to even everything out just a touch, then boosted the coverage on my cheeks with a loose foundation. This is a very cool shortcut I like to do when I’m pressed for time/have very little patience.
Also, because I went into this look planning to only spend 10 minutes on it, and because the pencil was an opaque bright red, I opted for the sheer lip stain because I figured I’d be able to fudge the edge of the lip line (which I did).
After I was done with the look and snapped pictures, I went full out for five more minutes by lining and filling in my lips for the red lip in the pic below…
I also added more liner on the lower lash and water lines, MOAR mascara (because why the heck not?) and blended the bronzer into the blush a little more thoroughly.
I feel like this is a pretty polished enough work look, yeah? Or, a look to perhaps just sit on the couch and watch the season 4 finale of The Great British Baking Show?
I’m just saying.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Happy Caturday, friend. Hope you’re staying warm and having a great weekend so far. I’m just mostly chilling out because I still don’t feel fantastic. I don’t know if this is that flu they’re talking about (I did get a flu shot this year) or just a cold, but if it is just a cold, it’s the worst cold I’ve had in a while.
I think it’s getting a little better, though. My face still hurts from sinus pressure, but I can walk around without moaning like a zombie now, and I desperately want to bake something today…so that’s progress. ??
Products worn in this look
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint in Honey and Natural Beige — I’m somewhere between the two, so I dot a bit of both shades all over my face, then blend them together with a beautyblender.
- Sweat Cosmetics Mineral Foundation SPF 30 in Shade 200 — This is the same loose foundation as Sweat’s to-go brush applicator…but in a jar.
- MAC Matchmaster Concealer in Shade 4 — Still crabby ? that this is being discontinued…
- NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder — The best under-eye concealer setting powder ever, IMO
- — This just launched this week. It has a softer hold, comparable to the MAC clear brow gel.
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette — Very pigmented, needs the lightest of touches
- Chanel Stylo Yeux in Horizon — For the tight line
- — For the smudgy cat eye liner
- MAC Eyeshadow in Mulch — Buffed out the edges of the cat eye liner with this bronzed brown.
- Tom Ford Full Screen Mascara — Lashes
- — Blush and lipstick
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light — Cheeks, and in the crease