In the eight (!) months that Baby Girl has been officially “in da house,” I wager that I’ve spent an average of 30 minutes per day moisturizing my bod.
I know, even I’m rolling my eyes at the moment, ’cause that’s A LOT of time to be spending rubbing lotions and potions on yourself.
It’s true though. And it took a lot less time earlier in the process when I could move around more easily than I can now, because, ya know…I could touch my toes and whatnot, but now I have to do all kinds of creative things and maneuvers to get to the places I can’t reach.
It’s been a moisturizing adventure; that’s for sure!
Anywho, I just finished a bunch of products from the Mustela Maternity Skincare line. I used every last drop of the body oil, the stretch mark cream and the balm, and I liked all three, but, because I have a notoriously short attention span for beauty products…I’ve already started a new routine with Clarins!
You know, just to see. 🙂
I’ve been using Clarins products on my face for years (and their body care products off and on throughout that time), and I’ve always loved them. Sometimes their products are pricy, but they generally always work well with my skin.
Actually, very early on in my pregnancy, during the scary time in the first trimester before El Hub and I broke the news to our families, I bought and ended up finishing an entire tube of their Stretch Mark Minimizer because I knew I’d probably like it, and I did. Finished it down to the last drop.
So now I’m doing a whole five-piece pregnancy beauty system Clarins calls “Beautiful Beginnings,” which has a body scrub, stretch mark cream, body oil, a gel for firming zeh bust, and they also recommend using their cult classic Beauty Flash Balm on your face, which is supposed to help you look better rested, although, I dunno…I feel like that’s going to require three solid weeks of sleep (I’m so not kidding).
The Beautiful Beginnings process is designed to take care of pregnant skin and keep it looking beautiful. It includes…
- , a smoothing, tightening face treatment. Clarins recommends layering it under makeup to help your products last longer.
- , an everyday body scrub with bamboo powder for all over zeh body. Clarins says that you should concentrate it wherever you expect possible stretch marks, like the tummy and bust.
- , an unscented body lotion with olive extracts. It’s designed to reduce that tight skin feeling and prevent stretch marks.
- , a body oil made from 100% plant extracts (oils of rosemary, geranium, mint and hazelnut) to prevent dryness and keep skin hydrated.
- , a lotion specifically for the breasts; Clarins says it helps to tone and restore firmness.
I’ve heard so many good things about Clarins body products from other moms, so I’m really excited about this. I hope it carries me (and Baby Girl the Ninja!) through her big debut in March.
Have you ever used any Clarins body products? What did/do you think?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,