Aww! I wish Ryan would serve me a salad…
I’m back in the Bay, babe. Back from Vegas and Photoshop World.
The conference was fantastic. I learned a lot of stuff about photography, especially lighting, but it’s all still swirling around in my head. I need some time to let everything percolate, go over my notes, and figure out how to apply the things I learned.
I know one of the areas I want to work on is color temperature and color correction. We get lots of sunshine here in Northern California, but as sunshine is wont to do, the quality and color of it changes over the course of the day and seasons. Face shots taken at 8 a.m. have a totally different color temp than pics taken at 4 p.m., and I’m trying to get the most consistent light possible WITHOUT compromising too much on my creative freedom, because even if it means more consistent color temps, I can’t bring myself to take every pic from the same position, standing in the same spot. It’s just not my thing. I need to be able to mix things up, try different poses, wear different outfits, props, use different backdrops, let myself be inspired. It’s how I keep myself fired up and interested, and it makes blogging more fun for me.
A simple studio setup would be easier, but we don’t do things the easy way here at Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC. Nuh-uh, no, ma’am.
Anywho, I’m blabbering…
It’s giveaway time, so let’s get to it, shall we? RyGos would like to present you with this lovely Sephora garden salad, but you must enter this weekend’s giveaway to partake. 🙂
Good luck, and have a wonderful day, babe. Hopefully I’ll see you on Twitter or Facebook today.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck: Do you know any full-time artists (makeup, music, visual arts, etc.)? What’s your favorite TV theme song? Have you ever gone skydiving or flown in a hot-air balloon? What’s the most creative thing you’ve ever done (it’s ok to toot your own horn)? What’s a really good inexpensive concealer? Do you have any pictures of yourself on your walls at home? Do you subscribe to any magazines? — you get the idea.
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, September 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,