Merry ??? Christmas Eve’s ??? eve. Two more sleeps till the big day. Well…one more sleep for me and my fam, because we celebrate on the 24th. We stay up till midnight, eat, hang out, open presents, then pass out around one or two, although last year I passed out at like 10:30, LOL! That may happen again, too. We’ll see.
Pretty soon we’re hitting the road and driving up to the colder clime of Redding, which is just south of the Oregon border, where some of El Hub’s side of the family lives. I’ve already double and triple checked my bag to make sure I packed my trusty and Urban Decay lip balms (gotta roll with a backup in case one gets lost) and more than enough body lotion — the two big L’s, lip balm and lotion — because Redding, while beautiful with its lakes and breathtaking views of snow-capped Mt. Shasta in the distance, is SO DRY AND COLD NOW. My face hurts just thinking about it, so I’ll have thick layers of the two big L’s on my person at any given time.
Tabs’s favorite pet sitter will be over shortly, and I’ve heard rumors that Tabs plans to take over my side of the bed and claw my silk pillowcase while I’m gone… This could be purely conjecture, but it DOES sound like something he’d do ’cause sometimes he’s petty like that, even during the holidays! I’m not a fan when his Devil Wears Prada side comes out, but what are you gonna do?
Oh, I actually finished gift wrapping last night, which is good for me because I’m usually pushing it all the way down to the wire, literally taping up gifts just before midnight, so that’s an accomplishment. 🙂 Baby steps, right?
Saturday Surfing: some things that caught my eye this week
- The avid hand-washing enthusiast in me wonders if she ?
- You’re going to want to “glow for it” when you see .
- When you want …
- Um…is anybody else counting down the seconds until all the holiday gift sets go on sale after Christmas? !
- Which of these ?
- Did you know that where concentrated bright color is placed high on the cheekbones?
- Is that ?
- (there’s one called Brunch Date, how cute!)
- Robin Fenty’s (you might know her as Rihanna) , which I’m obviously going to need in my life ASAP.
- Back in the day, getting dressed in the morning was dangerous, according to .
How’s your holiday weekend coming? Do you celebrate Christmas? If you do, does your family do it on Christmas Eve, or the day of? If you don’t celebrate Christmas, have a wonderful weekend too. I’d love to hear what you’re doing. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,