Haaaay, shady lady! Okay, I know you’re not shady… It’s just that for some reason every time I think of the MAC Shadowy Lady quad from last week’s Cult of Cherry collection I am compelled to shout “shady lady!”
A few days ago, reader Lexi asked to see a face of the day with the Shadowy (Shady!) Lady quad. That sounded like fun, so here’s the look I wore to work yesterday — a light purple eye with a bright blue liner.
How to Get the Lip Look
- First, I lined my lips with Pink Treat Cremestick.
- Next, I applied one layer of Lightly Ripe Lipstick directly from the tube onto my lips, blotted my lips with a tissue and then added a second layer for good luck.
- To finish the lips, I topped them off with a layer of Rich & Ripe Lipglass.
Get the Cheek Look
- Using a , I swept Blooming atop the apples of my cheeks and then up into the hairline.
- Next, I applied Stila Sun Bronzer with a , starting near the outer corner of my right eye and swiping down the curve of the cheek bone (under the apple of my cheek). Then, I swiped back up the same way. From there, I swiped the brush over the right temple onto my upper forehead just below the hairline (reverse and repeat the process on your left).
The Eyes: Step by Step
- First, with a 266 angled brush, I shaded in my brows with Concrete.
- Then, I patted Painterly Paint Pot over the entire eye with a .
- Next, I dusted Light Fall over the Painterly Paint Pot on the eye with a .
- Using a , I applied Smudged Violet onto my lids, blending out the edges with the same brush.
- To make the outer corner look a bit smokier, I added Shadowy Lady with a and applied the color with a small, circular motion.
- To line my eyes, I wanted something a bit different than my regular old black liner, so I wet a with a spritz of MAC Fix+ and swept the wet brush head across a pan of Deep Truth eye shadow. I applied the wet shadow to my upper lash line, thickening the line as it got closer to the outer corner my eye.
- To finish the eye look, I curled my lashes and added two coats of Prep + Prime Lash followed by two coats of Zoomblack mascara (on the upper lashes only).