MAC Makeup Fafi Tutorial: A Black and Gold Smokey Eye
I finally got my paws on MAC Fafi yesterday, and all I have to say is MEOW! Love it. This morning I busted out a few things from the collection — Fafi Eyes 1 Quad, Nice Vice Paint Pot and the Not So Innocent Lipstick — and created this subtle gold and black smokey eye for work.
A few days ago, after the super-spy MAC Fafi swatch mission, I fell in love with Fafi’s Paint Pots (love Nice Vice!) and lipsticks but wasn’t floored by the eyeshadow quads. I changed my tune after playing with the ($36) this mornin’. The colors work with my skin tone (so far the shades “Hey” and “Vanilla” are my faves), and the textures apply like butter. If you love neutral eyeshadows, I think you’ll dig this quad.
Now, on to the look! New to semi-complicated makeup? Don’t despair. If you’ve ever worn at least two eyeshadow colors at a time, then you can certainly handle this. Yes! You! Can!
Products I used to create the look…
- Dior Long-Wearing Moisturizing Concealer in shade 430
- MAC Fafi Eyes 1 Quad – Vanilla eyeshadow
- MAC Paint Pot – Nice Vice
- MAC Fafi Eyes 1 Quad – Howzat eyeshadow
- MAC Fafi Eyes 1 Quad – Hey
- MAC Fluidline Eyeliner – Blacktrack
- MAC Eyeshadow – Concrete
- MAC Zoom Lash mascara – Zoomblack
- MAC Barbie Beauty Powder – Pearl Blossom
- MAC Cremestick Lip Liner – Sublime Culture
- MAC Glaze Lipstick – Not So Innocent
- MAC Lipglass – Clear