Have you heard of ? It’s a Web site where people make lists of 43 goals they want to achieve — learning French, building a better mouse trap, reading War and Peace, etc. It’s pretty fun to read the different hopes and dreams that people have.
I’ve been in a contemplative mood all weekend. When I haven’t been stuffing myself beyond maximum capacity, I’ve been thinking about all of the things I’m thankful for.
So, what happens when you think about what you’re thankful for while staring at your makeup for too long? Well, the Kamod-ua.xyz version of 43 Things, of course.
Here’s my list of 43 makeup and beauty things I’m thankful for this year!
43 Things I’m Thankful For – The Makeup Edition
1. The magical power of the MAC 266.
2. Chanel Glossimer lip gloss is almost too sexy for this blog.
3. MAC Mineralize Eye Shadows, aka my newest obsession.
4. Celebrity Perfumes that surprised me: Covet, CAN CAN and Midnight Fantasy.
5. The perfect red lipstick: MAC Dubonnet.
6. Eyeliner for dummies #1: MAC Fluidline.
7. Eyeliner for dummies #2: MAC Technakohl.
8. Eyeliner for dummies #3: Rimmel Jungle Green.
9. The Barbie Loves MAC limited edition collection: WOOT!
10. Foot Petals save my feet from getting TOW UP.
11-14. Finding products that finally helped cure my adult acne: Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser, Clinique Mild Clarifying lotion, DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel, and Clinique Moisture On-Line moisturizer.
15. Meeting makeup artist Billy B. was inspiring and fun.
16. MAC Soba never lets me down.
17. Kick-arse pedicures from San Francisco’s Bliss Spa rock my world.
18. Shiseido Face & Body Sunscreen, the only sunscreen that doesn’t leave my neck feeling sticky and gross.
19. Micellar cleansers: feeding my inner lazy beast since October 2007!
20. The Clinique Pink Truffle Quad was love at first sight.
21. MAC Smoke Signals Collection is my favorite MAC collection this year (so far!).
22. Wet Ones Wipes make cleaning my makeup brushes easy.
23. MAC Pink Treat Cremestick Lip Liner doesn’t dry out my lips and goes with everything!
24. Trips to the MAC Pro Store are fun.
25. You never know what you’re gonna get when you’re in the mood for makeup experiments.
26. MAC Viva Glam
27. MAC Lychee Lux Lipglass
28. San Francisco Fashion Week
29. Seche Vite Top Coat RULES.
30. MAC Plushlash makes my lash life so easy.
31. My Chanel obsession started with a lil’ thing called the Garden Party Quad.
32-35. I’d look like a zombie if it weren’t for Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer, Biotherm Forget It! concealer and Make Up For Ever Lift concealer.
36. I can’t live without Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer.
37. There’s only one word to describe Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream — HALLELUJAH!
38. Just say no to living a life of mustache hell on earth with Sally Hansen Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit.
39. Alberto VO5 Tea Therapy Clarifying Conditioner in Vanilla Mint Tea saves my hair from dry destruction.
40. Because nobody wants Austin Powers teeth —Crest Vivid White Toothpaste.
41. I always have a few DHC Olive Virgin Oil Swabs in my purse.
42. One of my favorite drugstore mascaras: L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black!
And last, but certainly not least …
43. Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads because what goes on must come off.
What makeup products are you thankful for?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Your weekend isn’t over quite yet! Here are the best posts of the week from the lovely ladies of The Beauty Blog Network!