Conversations with my overstuffed makeup bag (Part 1)
“Hey, do you think I need another highlighter?”
MY OVERSTUFFED MAKEUP BAG:
I mean let’s get real here. Chances are you already have a go-to highlighter (or highlighters, because MOAR SHIMMER), and you’re probably attached to it, but if you, by chance, “need” a new one, or if it’s your life’s mission to become the antithesis of all that is Konmari, then…MAC ATTACK! MAC is adding two new highlighting palettes to their Hyper Real Glow line.
Like the bronze and rose gold palettes in the permanent line now, these new ones look and feel like the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powders on the skin. They’re super silky, with ultra-fine grains of powder and an opalescent finish you can turn up or tone down, depending on your mood, your tool and your technique.
In fact, I think the MAC Hyper Real Glows actually feel softer than the BECCA powders do, so if you’re a clumsy-pants who drops everything, be careful…because the cardboard packaging feels dainty and delicate.
Both of them would work for a wide range of skin tones, but one of the new palettes is lighter and cooler-toned than the other, with pink, lavender and pale champagne shades, while the other, darker one has a peach and two coppers.
This time of year, my medium tan skin (I wear an NC42 in MAC foundation) is a little lighter than it is in August, and I like using the cooler pinks and purples in Get Lit as traditional highlighters on my upper cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and in the inner corners of my eyes, along with using the peach palette on my eyes as shadow by buffing the shimmer on my lids and brow bones for an otherworldly glow.
A few more deets…
- Coming February 4, 2019 to , and February 7 to MAC stores and select MAC counters (call your counter to check ahead of time).
- The palettes are $39.50 each and come with three 0.15-oz. pans (decent size).
- The Shimmy Peach palette is shinier and frostier than the Get Lip Palette.
- With these, a little goes a long way.
- I get a solid six hours from these powders without seeing any fading.
- You’ll like these if you’re a fan of BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector, or if you like flexible highlighters that can go from subtle to ***BLING***.
- These may not be the best fit for you if you prefer candlelit glows a la the Hourglass Ambients.