“Ladies and lipstick-loving gentlemen, allow me to introduce my friend here. He’s from theBalm, he costs $17, and his name is . Go on, Matt(e)! Say hi to everyone.”
“Oops, I’m sorry. You’ll have to excuse Matt(e). He’s not much of a talker on account of him being a liquid lipstick with a matte finish.”
“Matt(e) and I have been ‘friends’ for a few weeks now 🙂 — yes, ever since he showed up in theBalm’s permanent collection — and, well, I thought you might like to meet him because we’re getting pretty serious…”
“Yup, he’s everything my lips have ever wanted — Adoring (a merlot), Loyal (a deep red), Devoted (a bright red), Sentimental (a warm magenta), Charming (a rich mauve), Honest (a warm coral), Committed (a pinkish nude) and Chivalrous (a warm magenta).”
“We’re so compatible too! I mean, when he touches me with his doe-foot and — ohmigoodness! — softly caresses my lips, he leaves behind full-coverage opaque color and a lightweight, non-sticky formula that tastes and smells like minty vanilla.”
“I heard a rumor that he’s afraid of commitment, but I don’t know about that… Whenever we hang out, he doesn’t stray for at least four or five hours, and he’s not one of those flaky matte liquid lipsticks that breaks up on your lips in that time, either. He doesn’t even mind when my lips are dry. He’s always down to make out.”
“I’d be totally OK if you wanted to give him a kiss.”
“I’m serious! Just to test him out. 🙂 I want him back though.”
Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick by theBalm
- They’re new to theBalm’s permanent line and available now in eight $17 shades.
- Full-coverage matte liquid lipsticks with a moderately moisturizing formula, and compared to most matte liquid lipsticks, they feel fantastic.
- As they fade (and also after meals), they leave behind a pretty matte stain.
- The minty vanilla flavor and scent are kind of strong…like peppermint candy. I like it, but I’m just saying.
- They’re very easy to apply with the doe-foot applicator, and you can even skip using a lip liner if you want.
- The shades I’ve been wearing the most are coral Honest and pinkish nude Committed, both of which I think are excellent everyday colors.
PRICE: $17 each
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,