Europe definitely has a lot to offer the international traveler. I mean, so many different countries and cultures concentrated in a relatively small area…
But visiting a dozen countries in a month can get extremely expensive, so what’s a beauty lover to do? Pass on the makeup shopping??
Of course not!
On the good ol’ continent, you can find lots of top quality products that cost less than a latte.
Here are my top recommendations!
1. Catrice Defining Blush in 040 Think Pink (€3.99)
If someone made me try the Catrice Defining Blush in 040 Think Pink after having depotted it, I’d for sure think it was a high-end blush.
I swear, I’d bet my entire makeup collection on it! It’s that good.
Creamy and not in the least bit powdery, nicely pigmented but easy to blend, and long-lasting, too.
Oh, and here’s the best part: it’s only €3.99!
2. Catrice Camouflage Cream in 010 Ivory & 020 Light Beige (€3.49)
If you’re blessed with oily skin and occasional hormonal spots like this mama, then you’ll know that liquid concealers just don’t last.
To cover up those angry red zits and the marks they usually leave behind, I think it’s much better to use a dry-texture concealer.
In my opinion, the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($35) is the best in this category, but Catrice’s Camouflage Cream comes in a close second, and it’s just a fraction of the price.
Should you ever spot a Catrice stand during your European adventures, make sure you put your paws on this fantastic concealer.
3. Essence Long-Lasting Eye Pencils in 01 Black Fever & 02 Hot Chocolate ($2.49/€1.99)
Ok, I know that you can get Essence at Ulta these days, but wouldn’t it be cooler to pick up something from this affordable German brand after admiring the majestic Cologne Cathedral or visiting the breathtaking Neuschwanstein Castle?
My first recommendation would be the Long-Lasting Eye Pencils in 01 Black Fever and 02 Hot Chocolate, because I mean, who doesn’t need black or brown eyeliner?
These glide on super easily and last amazingly well both on the waterlines and lashlines.
4. Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder in 01 Natural – Blondes/Lighter Skin ($4.99/€4.99)
Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder in 01 Natural is one of those bronzers that’s impossible to go overboard with, and that’s my favorite kind.
No patchiness, no Oompa-Loompa-ness. Just a healthy-looking complexion.
Plus, if you like coconut-scented products, you’ll find yourself opening the compact just to give it a sniff more often than you’d like to admit…
5. Essence The Gel Nail Polish Top Coat ($3.99/€3.19)
I wonder if Cosnova (the German company that makes Essence and Catrice) keeps the exact formula of the Essence The Gel Nail Polish Top Coat in a vault like Coca-Cola does with their secret recipe…
This stuff is magical!
I’m sure there’s a secret ingredient that makes their nail polish shine brighter than a Swarovski store and last longer than finals week.
6. Max Factor Crème Puff Blush in 10 Nude Mauve (£8.99)
Despite what the name suggests, the Max Factor Crème Puff Blushes are actually powder blushes (although, the non-powdery kind), and are said to be dupes for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes ($38).
My favorite thing about Nude Mauve is that it gives me a nice definition and very subtle luminosity without interfering with the color scheme of the rest of my makeup.
7. Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette (€21.80)
Aaaand… I saved the best for last. This palette is UH-MAZE-BALLS!
Compared to the products I’ve mentioned so far, the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette might almost seem pricey, but €21.80 for 10 top quality eyeshadows is still pretty good in my opinion.
From the buttery texture, to the high pigmentation and blendability, there’s nothing I don’t love about these shadows.
The color selection is perfect for my taste (lots of warm goodness!), and there’s a good balance between shimmers and mattes (6-4).
If you want to have your mind blown by how well the Cocoa Blend shadows swatch, click on this Portkey (#harrypottergeek) to go straight to my blog! 😉
All the makeup I’ve used today is European, and here’s a breakdown of what I’m wearing:
- Face primer: puroBIO Smoothing Mattifying Primer (Italy)
- Foundation: La Roche-Posay Effacer BB Blur in Fair/Light (France)
- Under-eye concealer: Sisley Phyto Cernes Éclat Eye Concealer in 02 (France)
- Face concealer: Catrice Camouflage Cream in 010 Ivory (Germany)
- Powder: puroBIO Indissoluble Compact Powder in 01 (Italy)
- Bronzer: Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder in 01 Natural (Germany)
- Blush: Catrice Defining Blush in 040 Think Pink (Germany)
- Eye Primer: KIKO Pearly Eye Base (Italy)
- Eyeshadows: Bitter Start, Substitute For Love, Pure Ganache, and Subtle Blend from the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette (Germany)
- Eyeliner: Essence Long-Lasting Eye Pencil in 02 Hot Chocolate (Germany)
- Brows: NABLA Brow Divine in Uranus (Italy)
- Mascara: PUPA Vamp! in 100 Extra Black (Italy)
- Lipstick: WYCON Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick in 20 Fragola (Italy)
Anyone coming to Europe this summer?