I’ve come to the realization that “adult” coloring books are a total scam.
They’re supposed to be for stress relief, and I love the amazing intricate artwork. I have a couple of them, but after YEARS I’ve yet to finish a single picture. Not one.
Mostly, it’s because I can never decide what colors to use in the tiny shapes. Like, if I commit to coloring one small triangle in the spokes of this bike wheel with a dark forest green, it basically sets the tone for the rest of the picture. I’m
obsessed with committed to coloring all of the similar triangles the exact same shade of green, and then all of shapes around the triangles need to be complementary tones… It isn’t particularly relaxing for a person who tends to overly complicate most things (*cough* me).
Children’s coloring books, though, are a totally different story! I love ’em. Children’s coloring books are where it’s at, girlfriend.
I color a lot with Connor in her books, which are more my speed than the adult ones. The shapes are easier to color-coordinate and don’t take a lot of brain power. Plus, when your toddler art director has very strong feelings about unicorns having rainbow manes, you have to listen.
Onward to this week’s stories…
- If I were a rare book collector (and had cash to burn), I’d put in a bid for this copy of It dates back to 1555! If you’re interested, .
- Fave read of the week: What does it mean when a beauty product is labeled clean, green or natural? Apparently, not much. As more companies label themselves and their products as “clean,” or made without harsh chemicals and therefore better for you than unclean (?) products, there’s still no official oversight dictating what these statements mean, .
- I feel like you need to blast when you’re using the new Hello, Calm mask from Origins, since the key ingredient is .
, and it’s g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s.
(They also sell bags there.)
- Because I know you were dying of curiosity, here’s what’s involved when Nick Jonas gets ready for photoshoots or the red carpet. According to men’s groomer Marissa Machado, his process .
- Wet ‘n’ Wild has a new “zombie” blush that goes from , WHA?! Color me confused, because if I were a zombie, I’d actually want a black blush to go with my gray skin tone… But hey, that’s just me.
- . (It’s a thing.)
- Talk about the best gift ever! — .
This dad talkin’ about his 23-year old daughter’s brows cracks me up!
Anyone wanna go grocery shopping with me to this store?
Special girl, real good girl
Am I really gonna watch this 20-minute video of this cat swimming? Yes, yes, I am. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,