I just want your extra time and your mwah-mwah-mwah-mwah-mwah, KISS!
New Powder Kiss Lipsticks from MAC! These mattes feel just like the luscious — lightweight, so more like a lip balm than a lipstick — but even creamier. So there’s little-to-no chance of cat butt lips. (I can hear you sighing from relief.) And, dare I say it, they’re kinda moisturizing? Just a little.
- Must apply on dry lips (NON NEGOTIABLE!); otherwise, patchy
- Taste and smell like vanilla, so classic MAC
- Will move outside your natural lip line if you rub your lips together a lot
- Special matte packaging (did you catch that?)
- Pigment levels — between medium and just shy of full, depending on color
- Less pigmented than MAC Matte lipsticks
- Fade after a meal or a cup of coffee
- Wear time is about an hour — two, tops
- Watch out for vertical lip lines with the paler beige colors and pinks (they will highlight them if you apply too much).
- Stand-outs: Mull It Over (a dirty peach) for everyday wear, and Fall in Love (a bright creamy fuchsia) for special occasions
I’m still tracking down prices, but it’s safe to assume they’ll be priced similar to regular MAC lipsticks, so about $18.50.Each lippie is $19, and they’re all permanent
Final take? These are a’ight… They feel really smooth and lightweight, and the hazy matte finish is trés “I’m rock ‘n’ roll and too cool to care,” but the formula scoots around a lot and doesn’t last long on my lips. If you’re going for this type of soft matte look, the Chanel Velvets look very similar, and while they’re more expensive at $37, I think they’re user-friendlier because they don’t move around as much. Plus, they last longer.
If you’re curious, you can smooch the 16 MAC Powder Kiss Lipsticks starting October 11th, which is when they arrive . 🙂
Well this FINALLY happened
I broke my personal vow to only read books I can check out out from the library (don’t ask me why I do these things; I just do!) and bought Crazy Rich Asians because I still couldn’t find the book at the library for like the 20th time. I just couldn’t take it anymore, LOL!
Excited to start this tonight and see how it stacks up to the movie, which I loved.
Oh, and remember our chat about adult versus childrens coloring books? Well, I bought a new Melissa and Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad for Connor, and I may or may not have also bought one for myself…
I am also *this close* to buying my own personal set of Crayola crayons.
Who wants to color with me? 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,