There’s an old saying that goes, “all that glitters is not gold.” And it’s true, because sometimes is more like a shimmery golden beige. 🙂
I’m totally kicking myself for not getting to know MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow ($14.50) sooner. It’s been a member of the MAC permanent posse for years but just moseyed into my life last week.
A real team player
Ladies, this powder shadow is the BOMB DOT COM! Like a purse that goes with everything, it’s super flexible. I’ve been trying to stump it for a week, wearing it with other products in brown, beige, peach, taupe, bronze, pink and gold, but I have yet to find a color All That Glitters doesn’t like.
Able to work alone
Even though it’s not afraid of complicated eye looks with lots of steps and colors, it still looks great on its own. For a fast and fresh work-friendly look, I’ve been using it as a wash on the lid with a wee bit of black eyeliner (see it in action here).
The MAC Unsung Heroes series highlights some of my favorite tried-and-true products from the MAC makeup line, products like…
All That Glitters applies easily, too (easy like Sunday morning), with a smooth texture that blends like a charm. It melts into other colors almost like it was made to mingle, and the energy it saves has been super handy since I haven’t been getting enough sleep.
MAC All That Glitters: Try it with any of these colors…
- a warm orangey brown matte
- a shimmery golden brown with bronze
- a muted golden brown with a satin finish
- a soft grayish brown
- a frosty golden chocolate
- a brownish bronze
- a reddish brown with green pearl
- a creamy beige with a satin finish
- a creamy beige matte
- a soft peachy beige satin
- a grayish taupe with a satin finish
- a soft muted beige-y taupe matte
- a shimmery golden pink
- a soft golden beige with shimmer
- a frosty tarnished gold
- a warm antiqued gold with pearl
- a frosty golden peach with pink pearl
- a shimmery peachy brown
- an ivory peach with reflective glitter
- a peachy pink with violet pearl
- a shimmery bronzy brown
- a pewtered bronze with a lustre finish
- a bronzy peach with a lustre finish
All That Glitters on NC35 skin
Have you met All That Glitters?
If you have, how did it go, and what did you wear it with? 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,