Can I tell you a secret? Okay, first, you have to promise not to tell. It’s not that I’m embarrassed or anything… Well, maybe a little, but here goes: sometimes, when I’m alone, I rock out to old ‘N Sync songs.
There, I said it.
Hey now, don’t judge! 🙂 Their Celebrity album was actually pretty good.
Someone at MAC even named one of the company’s Lip Pencils after the band (well…), and it happens to be today’s Unsung Hero, ($13).
Fate is such a fickle mistress, isn’t she? I almost never met this yellowish pastel pink because for a long time I’d always just assumed it would be too light for my coloring (I’m usually more of a Subculture kinda gal). Then I decided to give it a try one day on a whim.
And I’m so glad I did! In Synch hasn’t left my side in almost a month, and it hasn’t been away from my lips for long during that time. As a matter of fact, I wore it practically every day when I was Vancouver last week. I just love the look — a very pretty nude lip a la Kim Kardashian.
Lately, I’ve been layering it beneath MAC Evolution Revolution Lipglass, but I can see it looking lovely with any number of pinks and peachy pink lipglosses in your collection.
You might try it with…
- (a creamy pale pink)
- (a peachy pink and white pearl)
- (a pinkish coral)
- (a soft pink with golden pearl)
- (a pastel pink with a golden sheen)
If you struggle with dry lips, I feel like In Synch isn’t as creamy as some of the other MAC Lip Pencils I’ve tried. Prepping your lipst first with a lip balm should help. I’ve been using Clinique Superbalm in Grapefruit, a hydrating, non-sticky balm that layers well with other products, and it gives a tad more pigment to the pink.
After applying a thin layer of Grapefruit, I’ll wait a few minutes for it to absorb, and then line and fill in my lips with In Synch. Then, I’ll blend with a finger and finish with a layer of gloss.
Here’s one way to round out the look…
And because it always pays to be ‘N Sync… 🙂
The MAC Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from MAC’s permanent collection
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soba Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Bombshell Lipstick
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Sunbasque Sheertone Shimmer Blush
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Clear Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Humid Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Naked Lunch Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Russian Red Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Syrup Lipstick
- MAC Unsung Heroes: MAC Blushbaby Blush
- MAC Unsung Heroes: MAC Vex Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Strobe Cream
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Blot Powder/Pressed
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Subculture Lip Pencil
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soft Brown Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Woodwinked Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Powersurge Eye Kohl
- MAC Unsung Heroes: All That Glitters Eyeshadow Is Not Just Another Gold
- MAC Unsung Heroes: The Technakohl Liners
- MAC Unsung Hero: Groundwork Paint Pot
- MAC Unsung Hero: Nymphette Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Viva Glam V
- MAC Unsung Hero: Blacktrack Fluidline
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Lychee Luxe Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Hero: Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Patina Eyeshadow
Mama said knock you out!
said knock you out. I came across this stuff at an airport last month. I have to say — it initially caught my attention because I thought it was something people drank to have good dreams.
But it’s actually supposed to help you relax and fall asleep, two things I sometimes need help with. An ancient Asian saleswoman at an airport snack counter convinced me to give it a try. She was also trying to talk me into an ugly hologram unicorn bookmark and a dusty bag of salted peanuts, but I passed on those…
It was about $4 at the airport, but it’s probably less expensive at other stores.
I finally got around to trying it last night, and WOW! It knocked me out cold. It’s calorie-free and contains a bunch of sleep-friendly herbs. I was sawing logs within 20 minutes of downing the little bottle. No kidding, I could barely keep my eyes open to read my book.
It tastes pretty gross, though (like a mix of sugar-free Kool Aid and stinky feet). Still, I think it’s better than insomnia.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,