Have I got a thing for bright lipsticks, HELLO! But sometimes I don’t want the hassle they can bring. Sometimes I just want something easy and effortless on my lips — something like the perfect pink.
That’s where today’s entrant in the MAC Unsung Heroes series shines. She’s lipstick ($14), and she happens to be one of the most wearable neutral pink lippies I’ve ever met.
Shimmery like a pearl and with a shiny finish, the color’s one Goldilocks (of Three Bears fame) would love, because it’s not too cool or too warm. It’s one of those products that seems to be juuuust right for almost everyone.
And it doesn’t just look good on the lips; it feels good, too — rather, it makes me feel good to wear. 🙂 Since its introduction (Viva Glam V came out in 2004), the proceeds from its sale and those of MAC’s other Viva Glam lipsticks have gone to support men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS. Millions have been raised since the program’s start in 1994, much of it one tube at a time.
The MAC Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from MAC’s permanent collection…
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soft Brown Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Woodwinked Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Powersurge Eye Kohl
- MAC Unsung Heroes: All That Glitters Eyeshadow Is Not Just Another Gold
- MAC Unsung Heroes: The Technakohl Liners
- MAC Unsung Hero: Groundwork Paint Pot
- MAC Unsung Hero: Nymphette Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Hero: Blacktrack Fluidline
- MAC Unsung Hero: Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Patina Eyeshadow
OH! I almost forgot to mention one of my primo favorito ways to wear VG5 — layered beneath another MAC Unsung Hero, MAC Nymphette Lipglass. I love the two of them together…
As part of MAC’s permanent collection, MAC Viva Glam 5 lives on MAC counters, in stores and at . 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,