Sometimes I wear this low-key style as an alternative to the messy bun I’ve been rocking for, oh, the last 1,456 years. LOL! It’s uncomplicated and quick, and you can make it as purposefully messy or neat as you want (always good to have options!).
Oh, and you can do it in less than 10 minutes.
It’s also great for when you’re two (or, let’s be real, three) days into your blowout, and you want to skip washing your hair one more day but can’t bear the thought of wearing it down.
Note: You can still do this style if your hair is shorter than mine, too. Just do one low roll and skip the second.
2 Ponytail holders that match your hair color
Bobby pins that match your hair color
A texturizing spray (optional)
1a. Optional first step: spray texturizing spray from mid-shaft to ends for texture and volume.
1b. Begin by gathering your hair into a loose, low side ponytail, and secure with an elastic band.
2. Part hair above the hair-tie.
3. Pull pony up, over and through the part to form a low roll.
4. Ease out a few strands to add volume and texture to the roll.
5. Wrap a section of hair around the hair tie, and secure with bobby pins.
6. Next, wrap another elastic band about three inches down from the first low roll.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 to form a second low roll.
8. Finish by spraying lightly with hairspray. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,